Masterclass with Charles Weed – Option 1: Drawing Only or Option 2: Drawing and Painting
Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019 – Friday, 12 Apr 2019
10:30 – 13:30
Option 1, Drawing Only – Time: 10:30 – 13:30
Option 2, Drawing & Painting – Time: 10:30 – 13:30 | 15:00 – 18:00
Materials for Drawing
- Canson Mi.- teinte, white
- At least 24 sticks of VINE charcoal, NOT willow
- A much Kneaded Gum Eraser
- Sanding block
Materials for Painting
- A palette made of wood; large
- Palette cups
- Linseed oil
- Brushes: A selection of Hog Bristles and good SMALL sables_Round.
- OIL primed canvas: Claessens or hand primed. NOT ACRTYLIC OR “UNIVERSAL”or proper gessoed panels.
- A Hat
- Oil Colors: Old HOLLAND or Hand Ground. Or Michael Harding
- White. Preferably Lead, don’t worry, you’re not going to die,(from the lead) and Yes, you can buy it. NOT Titanium please, only because I won’t be able to work on your painting, as I’m not used to its properties. But perhaps you might prefer that. so….
- Ivory Black
- Ultramarine (French)
- Cobalt blue
- Cad red Light or scarlet, or Vermillion
- Cad yellow light
- Venetian or English red
- Yellow ochre Light
- Naples Yellow Genuine (Optional)
- Chrome oxide green
- Transparent oxide red
Please note that we can provide you with the paints needed during the Masterclass for an additional cost of €30 (please choose this option during the registration process).
Event LocationLa Bottega dell’Artista
Via Cardinale Merry del Val 18