Figure Painting – Form, Fabric and Ambition
Level: Intermediate, Advanced
- February 6th to May 28th, 2015
- Time: Saturdays from 15:00 – 18:00
- 15 lessons total: we will skip March 19th and May 21st
- Cost: €35 per lesson and one-time registration fee of €25 OR €40 per lesson and no registration fee.
Model fee included / Materials not included.
Please note: the registration fee guarantees your place at an easel for the duration of the course… with the understanding that you will be attending most if not all of the lessons. The registration fee is non-refundable.
We’ll continue with our study of folds and fabric… a painting on a grand scale (“go big, or go home.”)… and consider what it means to create an effective background around a figure.
So come join me with your brushes, paints, enthusiasm, tenacity and a large canvas. (2 meters x 1.2 meters is recommended. No guts, no glory.)
There will be one model for all 15 lessons.
- Wood Palette
- 1 Palette Knife
- Linseed oil
- Medium Cup or Jar
- 3-4 Bull Hair (Sizes 6 to 10, Filbert)
- 3-4 Wide Short-Handle Hog Bristle (Sizes 0 to 3)
- 3-4 Synthetic Hair (Sizes 6 to 10, Various)
- Oil Paint:
- Titanium White
- Ivory Black
- Raw Umber
- Raw Sienna
- Burnt Sienna
- Cadmium Red Light or Vermilion
- Alizarin Crimson
- Yellow Ochre
- Ultramarine Blue
- Sap Green
- Paper Towels
- Wet Wipes
- Paint Rag (an old T-shirt or pair of socks works great)
- Large Linen Canvas. Recommended size: 2 x 1.2 meters.
If you need assistance in purchasing your materials, please speak with Paola, Francesca, Raul or Matteo at La Bottega dell’Artista.
Please fill in the form below to register.