Space is limited. Register today!
This past Monday I had the pleasure to do a private lesson with Shiri and Dan from Jerusalem along the Tiber. It was Shiri’s first time painting with oils, so I was most impressed with her result. Thank you, Dan, for sending the pictures and thank you, Shiri, for writing a quick note:
Dear Tim, Thank you so much for a fascinating lesson; I learned a lot and enjoyed it very much. It was a great experience to draw with you on site at the Castel Sant’Angelo bridge. It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope to meet you again someday. With gratitude, Shiri
If you too are interested in a private plein air lesson in painting in Rome, please contact me.
Our second trip in three years to Rocca Calascio was another mix of great company, the cucina divina of Abruzzo, sublime vistas and the gracious hospitality of all at the Rifugio della Rocca.
My sincere thanks to: Ludovica, Roberto, Daniela, Spass, Victoria, Kristin, James, Ruby, Mo and Oliver!
Pictures and video below.
Join me for two afternoons in Monte Mario park (photo above) for landscape drawing with Conté crayon on colored paper. In addition, we’ll also explore ways our landscape drawings might serve our vocabulary for future paintings.
Saturday, July 18th and Sunday, July 19th, 16:00 – 20:00
Bar Zodiaco, Monte Mario.
€160 for the two days (8 hours); materials included. However, you do need to bring the following:
- – French Easel;
- – A drawing board or a piece of cardboard at least 30 cm x 60 cm;
- – Wet wipes – great for cleaning brushes and hands!
- – A hat;
- – An umbrella (for rain or shade!).
Minimum: 4 – Maximum: 12
You do not need to pay in advance, but you do need to RSVP using the form below. Please do so by Thursday, July 16th. I’ll need at least 4 people to run this, maximum 12.
Also, be sure to look at the painting workshop I’ll run July 2nd and 3rd…
Look forward to seeing you on-site!
Disegnare il Nudo e Dipingere il Paesaggio
in Fara in Sabina
Per chi vuole fare una avventura nella campagnia di Lazio, sono stato invitato da Valeria, Nadia e Franco di fare un workshop “last minute” in Fara in Sabina, sabato il 31 luglio e domenica il 1 agosto.
Il programma per tutti e due i giorni: disegnare con grafite su carta dall modella nella mattina e dipingere sulle tavole di tela il paesaggio nel pomeriggio; quindi per un totale di 12 ore. Il costo e’ di euro 150 e NON include i materiali; ognuno deve portare quello che serve per disegnare e per dipingere.
Il workshop avra’ MAX 6 persone e al momento sono rimasti 2 posti.
Se vuoi partecipare, chiamami: 347 263 1033
Ringrazio Rossana, Patrizia, Ilaria, Franca, Valeria, Elisabetta e Miria per la loro partecipazione nel workshop. Non e’ incredibile quanto velocemente siano passate 5 ore di queste 4 lezioni?
Auguro a tutti una buona estate. The Painting & Drawing Art Studio of Rome ricomincera’ la sua attivita’ ad inizio ottobre.
Comunichero’ in anticipo tutte le notizie sui nuovi corsi nelle nostre newsletter. Se non fai gia’ parte del nostro gruppo, ti invito ad iscriverti.
- Caravaggio and ‘Cabinet Making’ April 16, 2022
- Presenting PADASOR: the New Online Atelier of the Painting and Drawing Art Studio of Rome January 20, 2021
- Learn Oil Painting Online with Interactive Lessons May 5, 2020
- Masterclass in Drawing with Charles Weed: May 4-7, 2020 January 24, 2020
- Renaissance Retreat Highlights from October 2019 November 17, 2019
- MAY 27 – JUL 7 • Friday / Venerdì • 17:30 – 19:00 May 13, 2022
- MAY 23 – JUL 4 • Monday / Lunedì • 17:30 – 19:00 May 11, 2022
- JUN 6 – 10 • Monday to Friday / Lunedì a Venerdì • 11:00 – 13:30 May 9, 2022
- JUL 6 2022 • Wednesday / Mercoledì • 18:00 – 20:00 May 9, 2022
- JUN 22 2022 • Wednesday / Mercoledì • 18:00 – 20:00 May 9, 2022
- The Portrait of M. O. September 12, 2021
- Zia Rossana August 23, 2021
- Portrait of Angela L. August 22, 2021
- “The Cabinetmaker” on Display at the MEAM Museum in Barcelona August 1, 2021
- Timothy Joseph Allen Included as a ‘Featured Artist’ on the Michael Harding Website July 11, 2021