Okay, so you never stop learning to draw… but learning something about drawing before you paint can only make painting more rewarding. As I always say in reference to Velazquez: make the drawing tight to keep the painting loose.
About Timothy Allen
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Timothy Allen contributed a whooping 14 entries.
Entries by Timothy Allen
From Wednesday, May 3rd to Saturday, May 6th, 2017, PADASOR was very proud to host an international group from Finland, France and Rome for an intensive oil-painting workshop with the American painter, Charles Weed, that focused on the still-life (skulls and shells) and the portrait.
Figure drawing starts Thursday, February 4th; portrait painting alla prima and advanced painting start Saturday, February 6th. Reserve your place today. In addition: you are invited to join me for a free lecture on Saturday, February 6th at 15:00. For all details, please visit our Courses page.
Max Doerner said “it is no more possible to learn to paint from books than to learn to swim on a sofa.” A variation on that could easily be “it is no more possible to learn to draw from photographs than to learn to swim on a sofa.” That said, I’ve realized in recent years that it […]
This past Monday I had the pleasure to do a private lesson with Shiri and Dan from Jerusalem along the Tiber. It was Shiri’s first time painting with oils, so I was most impressed with her result. Thank you, Dan, for sending the pictures and thank you, Shiri, for writing a quick note: Dear Tim, Thank […]
Program Update: Figure drawing will start on September 24th with the model Mariangela. Note that the start time is now 5:15 to give people coming from work a little extra time to get to us! Spaces available: 4 Register for this course The first class of portrait painting on September 26th from 11:00 to 14:00 will […]
- Learn Oil Painting Online with Interactive Lessons May 5, 2020
- Masterclass in Drawing with Charles Weed: May 4-7, 2020 January 24, 2020
- Renaissance Retreat Highlights from October 2019 November 17, 2019
- The Fundamentals – A Gallery of Student Work September 18, 2019
- Video Time Lapse of Tim’s Six-Session Warm-over-Cool Process during the Renaissance Retreat, May 26th to June 2nd, 2019 July 11, 2019
- Masha, the Middle Sister May 17, 2020
- The Painter’s Daughter April 29, 2020
- A Look at the Student Painting Show from Spring 2019 at The American University of Rome April 9, 2020
- Sunbreak in Villa Borghese December 7, 2019
- Portrait of a Young Law Student December 7, 2019