[rssinpage rssfeed=’http://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?format=rss20&id= 299603483481636′ rssitems=’5′ rsstitlelength=’200′ rssorder=’dsc’ rsstarget=’_blank’ rsscss=’myclassname’ rssformat=’x: Y’ rssdateformat=’F j Y’] Like our Facebook page and join the conversation.
Timothy Joseph Allen is the founder and director of the Painting & Drawing Art Studio of Rome. Born in Atlanta Georgia, raised in Nashville, Tennessee, schooled in Versailles, Kentucky and educated in Greencastle and Bloomington, Indiana, his move to Rome was the obvious next step.
For a look at his work, please visit his website.
Above: V shows off his palette (left) in Las Meninas. If you are interested in Velázquez, have a look at the following links: Notes on R.A.M. Stevenson’s “Velázquez” La Biblioteca di Velázquez Below: the palette of Velázquez according to the book “Velázquez – The Technique of Genius” by Jonathan Brown and Carmen Garrido:
The Painting and Drawing Art Studio of Rome is always looking for models for the Fall and Spring semesters. Courses have a maximum of 6 students + the instructor; the environment is respectful and courteous. The pay is €15 per hour for life drawing (nude modeling) and €7,50 per hour for portrait modeling.
About The Workshop The workshop will address two kinds of landscape painting: A Two-Day Planned Painting (First drawing, then painting), with a focus on scale, composition, light and layering of transparent paint. A One-Day “alla Prima” painting, with a focus on a wet-into-wet technique and the use of opaque paints. This workshop is open to painters of […]
- Learn Oil Painting Online with Interactive Lessons May 5, 2020
- Masterclass in Drawing with Charles Weed: May 4-7, 2020 January 24, 2020
- Renaissance Retreat Highlights from October 2019 November 17, 2019
- The Fundamentals – A Gallery of Student Work September 18, 2019
- Video Time Lapse of Tim’s Six-Session Warm-over-Cool Process during the Renaissance Retreat, May 26th to June 2nd, 2019 July 11, 2019
- Masha, the Middle Sister May 17, 2020
- The Painter’s Daughter April 29, 2020
- A Look at the Student Painting Show from Spring 2019 at The American University of Rome April 9, 2020
- Sunbreak in Villa Borghese December 7, 2019
- Portrait of a Young Law Student December 7, 2019