Course Update, October 10, 2011
2 places remain.
Muses and Mirrors is a variation on the previous oil portrait course and is designed for those who have never painted a portrait before… but have always wanted to learn. This course addresses the following principles: universal proportions of the head, scale, composition, edge, color value, color temperature and the modeling of paint to create a three-dimensional form on a two-dimensional surface. The subjects are a bust of the muse Thalia and you (yes, a self-portrait).
- Level: Beginners
- Medium: Oil on Canvas
- Total Number of Hours: 20
- Total Number of Lessons: 10 lessons, 2 hours each
- Dates: To Be Determined… please see below
- Number of Students: max 5
- Language: English and Italian
- Location: Via Cardinale Merry del Val, 18 at La Bottega dell’Artista (Trastevere)
- Cost: €280 + materials*.
The list of materials will be published the week before classes begin and will be available at The Bottega dell’Artista. I would budget between €70 and €120 for materials.
Before taking this course, here’s what you need to know:
- 1. 40% of the cost guarantees your place, the remaining 60% is to be paid the week before the start of the course. The cost is non-refundable. If you should not be able to continue the course after starting, the best solution is to find someone to take your place.
- 2. There are no “make up classes.” If you miss a lesson, you miss a lesson.
To sign up or to ask further information, please fill out the form below or call either of the following numbers: 347.2631033 or 340.5600356.
Note: In order to optimize the size of the courses, please indicate your availability and interest by checking any and all of the following days, times and courses. We will then contact you to better organize the final schedule. Courses will begin the first week of October.